Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstal fail

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thibauld

thibauld

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

I tried reinstalling windows 7, and to put it bluntly, i bleeped up. Pretty much everything went well but at the end of the setup as it was finishing it seemed to have stopped. I let it run for another 2 hours thinking it might just be really slow, but it just wouldnt budge. I restarted my PC, but after starting it i get the following message:

"Install windows (header)

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected erroe. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.""

When I click ok all it does is restart the computer, try to launch setup and give the same error over and over again.

Now there is another part to this problem. I do have a windows 7 setup disk but my CD drive stopped responding altogether. I'm not sure if this was because of me reinstalling windows or because of an earlier fault, since i use it pretty much only to install OS'.
I also have a HDD where i put the image of the installer but i cant get it to boot from my HDD, even when i select it in BIOS boot menu.

I also want to reinstall windows on the laptop im currently using after windows is reinstalled on my PC.

Thats about it. Please help,

Thibauld

Edited by thibauld, 11 September 2012 - 12:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

Just a wild guess, but it sounds as though your cd drive may have died.

#3 thibauld

thibauld
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

Just a wild guess, but it sounds as though your cd drive may have died.

Probably, yes, but i need help with the reinstall/OS issue. Im buying a new drive tomorrow

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

Yes, I understand. I suggest when you get the new cd drive you start again.

#5 thibauld

thibauld
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

0/10...

#6 thibauld

thibauld
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

I know there is a way to use a HDD but it wont recognize the image or the drive itself.

I cant afford to wait 1-2 weeks on a new HDD.

edit: i kept saying HDD, i meant a USB hard disk

Edited by thibauld, 11 September 2012 - 02:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users