Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i want to uninstall yahoo, i have a problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 copakeman

copakeman

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

i am using win xp pro sp3 ver 2002. yahoo is installed, i want to delete and reinstall it, just to see if that fixes the yahoo problem. i cannot change my preferences
on yahoo and google search. both programs let me edit my preferences, the new edits are shown, but both programs act as if nothing was changed. i have had
problems with ie8 and at least those 2 programs. my system restore only goes back to sept 1 2012, i dont know why it doesnt include august. i system restored
to sept 1, but nothing changed. i am suspicious that something changed my xp that day. i have kaspersky pure and have scanned virus/worm/ect free.
when i go to control panel and display add/remove programs. yahoo is not there. i searched all over my hard drives for yahoo and uninstall yahoo without sucess.
the yahoo folder in Progaram Files is there but empty. goggle also is not on the add/remove program list.

my question is how can i remove yahoo. i do not have yahoo messenger installed, just yahoo, or any other suggestions to help me get my pc to work correctly again.

thank you for any relpies and please ask me to clarify anything vaguge in my post.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

Isn't Yahoo Messenger the only Yahoo product that downloads to the desktop? Everything else is web based. What specifically are you trying to do? And what Yahoo product are you talking about? Yahoo is a big company with many products.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

Are you possibly talking about a Yahoo branded browser? If you make changes to your Yahoo settings for web based applications then delete browser cookies those settings are lost. This is what appears to be going on from your explanation. You say Yahoo Instant Messenger isn't installed so this is how I concluded it's possibly a Yahoo branded browser.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users