Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to visit certain websites and download certain software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Icifyr

Icifyr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

Hi, I only noticed this problem a few days ago. I tried downloading ESET online scanner but whenever I click download or go to the direct link for the file I get a blank screen and the download doesn't start. Even if I "Save link as" it says Starting.. in download manager but never starts. I cannot view videos on websites like Twitch.Tv even though my flash is updated but I can view videos on YouTube. I also cannot visit hotmail.com even though it says loading the page isn't loading. This also happens on both of my computers.

Edited by Icifyr, 11 September 2012 - 06:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Icifyr

Icifyr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

I think I may have had a faulty router or my router had a virus some how because I switched my routers and I fixed my problem.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Sounds good. Fir that other router you may need to reset the router to its default configuration. This can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router. Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 10 seconds). If you donít know the router's default password, you can look it up HERE

You also need to reconfigure any security settings you had in place prior to the reset. Check out this site here for video tutorials on how to properly configure your router's encryption and security settings. You may also need to consult with your Internet service provider to find out which DNS servers your network should be using.

If you need specific help with this ,please ask in Networking.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users