Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

stop cancellation window

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hotwired99

Hotwired99

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

Hi,
I have an HP all in one scanner (4500 wireless but I'm sure this problem exists on many pieces of equipment) -- when I scan something, at some point a window comes up telling me it's now saving the document to my computer and this windows has a "cancel" button on it. This window obviously steals "focus" from everything else, and the end result is that at least 1 out of 4 scans I perform get cancelled and I have to start all over again. The only way I see to solve it is to literally consider my computer "off limits" while scanning which of course is ludicrous. Is there any known way to disable these pesky critters? I've contacted HP software but support as well. I have windows 7 and I'm not sure the tweak ui works here. I've tried tweak ui though in the past with other OS's with similar problems and I've NEVER noticed any improvement by using the "dont' allow windows to steal focus" setting, so I'm not sure what that feature is really for. Thanks for any hints in the right direction.

*Moderator Edit: Moved topic from Tips and Tricks to the more appropriate forum. ~ Queen-Evie*

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 September 2012 - 07:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

Have you tried deleting the printer from your computer, shutting down, and restarting?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users