Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sndmixex.dlll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 melhess

melhess

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:19 PM

I keep getting notices from McAfee that file sndmixex.dll (in Windows/System32) has been infected with GenericDownloader and cannot be cleaned.

I have run Spybot, Adaware, Stinger and this still pops up.

I've posted a Hijack Log in the Hijack Log forum.

Help would be appreciated. My computer is definitely not running up to speed.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:29 PM

Good think about posting the HijackThis log, someone should be with you in the next few days. You can read more about the file here:
http://www.fileresearchcenter.com/S/SNDMIXEX.DLL-7251.html

What Anti-Virus software do you have on your computer (e.g. AVG, Norton, ot anti-spyware).

David

#3 melhess

melhess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:59 PM

I don't really have antivirus, which is part of the problem. :thumbsup:

A friend recommended grisoft . . . what do you think?

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:51 PM

Using an Anti Virus Software- It is very important that your computer has an anti-virus software running on your machine. This alone can save you a lot of trouble with malware in the future. See this link for a listing of some on line & their stand-alone anti virus programs:
Click here for more information on -> Computer Safety On line - Anti-Virus

I would recommend Grisoftsİ AVG or AVASTİ. As these are the more secure and better ones.

Update your Anti Virus Software - It is imperitive that you update your Anti virus software at least once a week (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your anti virus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users