I have uninstalled office 2003 and I have installed office 2007... My OS is WINDOWS 7. To uninstall Office 2003 I usedo REVO uninstaller (advanced mode).
Now, every time I open a WORD document there is the following message:
"Microsoft Office Word no puede revisar la gramática o la ortografía de este documento. Microsoft Office Word no puede instalar los archivos necesarios debido al error 1605 de windows installer. Esta acción sólo es válida para productos que están instalados actualmente."
Translation: MS OFFICE cannot revise the grammar or spelling of this document. MS WORD cannot install the files needed owing to ERROR 1605 of windows installer.
I have tried to find a solution using google, and I have found the following:
There are 3 step to repair 1605 error
If you got 1605 error then there is a 94% chance that your computer has registry problems. To repair 1605 error you need to follow the steps below:
* Step 1 - Download a Perfect Optimizer,install this error repair tool.
* Step 2 - Click the Repair All Button.It will scan you pc for Free.
* Step 3 - Then click the Repair All Button again and your done! It is very easy to repair 1605 error.
Here are the url of Perfect Optimizer:http://www.fixerroreasy.com/ttfix-1605_e…
Well; i have downloaded 2 of the recommended programs.
REGCURE has solved one registry error, and to fix the rest it required registration... and payment.
PERFECTOPTIMIZER happens to be a trojan (?);
1. Click Start – All programs – Accessories – Run – Type regedit – Click Ok
2. Browse to the location
Find Infopath.exe in right pane and delete it. Now try installing office and check if it works.
I can understand all this and follow the instructions... but I do not dare to delete Infopath.exe.
C) this is the "oficial" solution at Ms web page:
Solve 'Windows Installer Error 1605' Word 2003
**Pleas quit any running programs.**
Show Hidden Files And Files
• Click Start
• Click My Computer
• On the menu bar click on Tools, and then Folder Options.
• Click on the tab View
• Underneath Show Hidden files and folders select Show Hidden files and folders
• Click Apply, then Ok
• Click Start
• Click My Computer
• Double click on C:\ Drive
• Double click on Documents and Settings
• Double click on Your Username
• The Double click on Application data
• Double click on Microsoft
• Double click on Word
• Double click on Startup folder
• On the Menu bar click File
• Hover over New, and then click Folder
• Call the Folder Temp and on the keyboard press Enter
• Click the first template that is listed in the Startup folder, and then move it to the Temp folder.
• Try to start Word.
If Word starts successfully, you have removed the conflicting template. If you receive an errormessage, repeat steps 5 through 7 until Word starts successfully.
• After you have determined which template causes the conflict, move all the non-conflicting templates from the Temp folder to the Startup folder.
• Click the Temp folder, and then press DELETE.
I can understand "some" of this, but...
1 I can't find DOCUMENTS%settings..
2 I can't see any folders called WORD in APPLICATION DATA/MICROSOFT (there is just one folde called forms FORMS).
3 I can't understand this: "Click the first template that is listed in the Startup folder)" (start up folder?? ¿first template?
Can you give me a hand?
On the tab VIEW I have unchecked “hide protected OS files (recommended)” and now I can see the DOCUMENTS%SETTINGS folder, but I can´t open it!
I've been fianlly able to open the damned DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS folder ... but I can't still find WORD or STARTUP FOLDER....
Edited by amancio, 10 September 2012 - 05:59 PM.