Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 1605 Windows installer

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 amancio

amancio

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hi!

I have uninstalled office 2003 and I have installed office 2007... My OS is WINDOWS 7. To uninstall Office 2003 I usedo REVO uninstaller (advanced mode).

Now, every time I open a WORD document there is the following message:

"Microsoft Office Word no puede revisar la gramática o la ortografía de este documento. Microsoft Office Word no puede instalar los archivos necesarios debido al error 1605 de windows installer. Esta acción sólo es válida para productos que están instalados actualmente."

Translation: MS OFFICE cannot revise the grammar or spelling of this document. MS WORD cannot install the files needed owing to ERROR 1605 of windows installer.

I have tried to find a solution using google, and I have found the following:

A)
There are 3 step to repair 1605 error

If you got 1605 error then there is a 94% chance that your computer has registry problems. To repair 1605 error you need to follow the steps below:

* Step 1 - Download a Perfect Optimizer,install this error repair tool.
* Step 2 - Click the Repair All Button.It will scan you pc for Free.
* Step 3 - Then click the Repair All Button again and your done! It is very easy to repair 1605 error.

Here are the url of Perfect Optimizer:http://www.fixerroreasy.com/ttfix-1605_e…
Source(s):
http://www.fixerroreasy.com/ttfix-1605_e

Well; i have downloaded 2 of the recommended programs.
REGCURE has solved one registry error, and to fix the rest it required registration... and payment.
PERFECTOPTIMIZER happens to be a trojan (?);

B)
1. Click Start – All programs – Accessories – Run – Type regedit – Click Ok
2. Browse to the location
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Comp onents\621EAA421190F8740A91708B57BE9969

Find Infopath.exe in right pane and delete it. Now try installing office and check if it works.

I can understand all this and follow the instructions... but I do not dare to delete Infopath.exe.

C) this is the "oficial" solution at Ms web page:

Solve 'Windows Installer Error 1605' Word 2003

**Pleas quit any running programs.**

First Step:

Show Hidden Files And Files

• Click Start
• Click My Computer
• On the menu bar click on Tools, and then Folder Options.
• Click on the tab View
• Underneath Show Hidden files and folders select Show Hidden files and folders
• Click Apply, then Ok

Second Step:

• Click Start
• Click My Computer
• Double click on C:\ Drive
• Double click on Documents and Settings
• Double click on Your Username
• The Double click on Application data
• Double click on Microsoft
• Double click on Word
• Double click on Startup folder
• On the Menu bar click File
• Hover over New, and then click Folder
• Call the Folder Temp and on the keyboard press Enter
• Click the first template that is listed in the Startup folder, and then move it to the Temp folder.
• Try to start Word.
If Word starts successfully, you have removed the conflicting template. If you receive an errormessage, repeat steps 5 through 7 until Word starts successfully.
• After you have determined which template causes the conflict, move all the non-conflicting templates from the Temp folder to the Startup folder.
• Click the Temp folder, and then press DELETE.

I can understand "some" of this, but...

1 I can't find DOCUMENTS%settings..
2 I can't see any folders called WORD in APPLICATION DATA/MICROSOFT (there is just one folde called forms FORMS).
3 I can't understand this: "Click the first template that is listed in the Startup folder)" (start up folder?? ¿first template?

Can you give me a hand?

Gracias!

EDIT

On the tab VIEW I have unchecked “hide protected OS files (recommended)” and now I can see the DOCUMENTS%SETTINGS folder, but I can´t open it!

New edition:

I've been fianlly able to open the damned DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS folder ... but I can't still find WORD or STARTUP FOLDER....

Edited by amancio, 10 September 2012 - 05:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Hi,

Try disabling the templates located at "%programfiles%\Microsoft Office\Office11\Startup" folder
To open the folder use Posted Image and paste the line in bold above including the "" to the Run box.

Edited by SleepyDude, 10 September 2012 - 05:49 PM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 amancio

amancio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

Hi Sleepy,

I can't find that folder. have a look at this (I don't know how to upload images)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvr3dwdxn5m5lv4/program%20files.jpg

Why do I have 2 PROGRAM FILES folders?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/onixjq7jtxhxd3o/documents%26settings.jpg

Tnanks for your help.

Edited by amancio, 10 September 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Try this

Press Windows+R key and type

regedit and click ok

Go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Components\B9BE92CC2CB71D119A12000A9CE1A22A

Right click on it and export it to desktop

Now delete the key ,restart the PC and check

If that doesnt work

Download and run this fixit

Fixit

good luck

#5 amancio

amancio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

Hello Narenxp,

When you say "Now delete the key"...

Do yo mean the whole B9BE92CC2CB71D119A12000A9CE1A22A folder,

or the 4 keys on the right?

Have a look at this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/otkkrt0sva1zqew/registro.jpg

By the way...
For some weird reason 2 descktop.ini icons have appeared in my desktop... If I click them, they open and this what rhey show:

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769
IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21799
[LocalizedFileNames]
Packard Bell Registration.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Enregistrement Packard Bell.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Registrazione Packard Bell.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Registro de Packard Bell.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell Registratie.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell Registrierung.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Registo Packard Bell.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Registrering af Packard Bell.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell Rekisteröinti.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell-registrering.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Registrace Packard Bell.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell Εγγραφή.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell Regisztráció.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Rejestracja — Packard Bell.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell Kayıt.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Înregistrare Packard Bell.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Регистрация Packard Bell.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell ユーザー登録.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell 注册.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell 註冊.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell Registreerimine.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell Registracija.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell Reģistrācija.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell Регистрация.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
การลงทะเบียน Packard Bell.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell تسجيل.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell - Registrácia.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Registracija Packard Bell.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
Packard Bell 등록.lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\Registration\GlobalRegistrationMUI.dll,-104
User's Guide (Packard Bell InfoCentre).lnk=@C:\Program Files (x86)\Packard Bell\InfoCentre\MUIInfoCentre.dll,-101
Norton Internet Security.lnk=@C:\PROGRA~2\NORTON~2\Branding\muis.dll,-102

Can I get rid of them?

One more thing: Fixit happens to be OFFICE 2003 uninstaller, but I uninstalled OFFICE 2003 a few days ago; now I have OFFICE 2007, and i also have another FIXIT to uninstall it (is this better than using REVO UNINSTALLER?)

Thanks.

Edited by amancio, 11 September 2012 - 04:19 AM.

#6 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

Hi Sleepy,

I can't find that folder. have a look at this (I don't know how to upload images)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvr3dwdxn5m5lv4/program%20files.jpg

Why do I have 2 PROGRAM FILES folders?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/onixjq7jtxhxd3o/documents%26settings.jpg

Tnanks for your help.

Hi,

Check if you have a Startup folder inside the Office12 folder showed on the image.

Edit: Forget it i just notice the office12 is open and doesn't have the startup folder inside.

Edit2: Do a search on the computer for the file WINWORD.EXE the startup folder should be on the same location as this file.

Edited by SleepyDude, 11 September 2012 - 06:03 AM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#7 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

Do yo mean the whole B9BE92CC2CB71D119A12000A9CE1A22A folder,

yes,export the key and delete it

One more thing: Fixit happens to be OFFICE 2003 uninstaller, but I uninstalled OFFICE 2003 a few days ago; now I have OFFICE 2007, and i also have another FIXIT to uninstall it (is this better than using REVO UNINSTALLER?)

office 2003 fixit is better than revo uninstaller

By the way...
For some weird reason 2 descktop.ini icons have appeared in my desktop... If I click them, they open and this what rhey show:

You have enabled show hidden files,hide operating system files option in Folder options.

Edited by narenxp, 11 September 2012 - 08:09 AM.

#8 amancio

amancio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

I could find the STARTUP FOLDER, but it's empty.

I'm going to delete the B9BE92CC2CB71D119A12000A9CE1A22A folder now...

#9 amancio

amancio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

I deleted the key, but the xxxxing message keeps appearing, which means I can't use WORD.

I'll try the FIXIT.

#10 amancio

amancio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

It worked!!!

:clapping:

What shall I do with the registry key that I left in the desktop?

Thank you so much!!!

MuchÝsimas gracias!!!

#11 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

You can delete it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users