Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help resolving Visual C++ Runtime errors?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Paradox427

Paradox427

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm running win7 x64 and I'm having an error pop up when I attempt to use a couple of different applications. Specifically, when I run Skype and MS Lync 2010, I get an error dialog box that says:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: c:\Program files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

The only button available is "Ok". The path to the application obviously changes based on which app, but otherwise the error message is exactly the same. With Skype, if I do not click the "OK" button, I can continue to use the software indefinitely. With Lync, it appears to stay open as long as I don't click "OK", but it doesn't function. In either case, as soon as I click "OK", the software closes.

Ok, so after Googling this problem, I reinstalled all the Visual C++ Redistributables 2005, 2008 and 2010. That didn't clear it up, so I reinstalled Skype and Lync. Still no luck, so I uninstalled all the Visual C++ entries as well as Skype and Lync and then reinstalled them all. Still have the same issue.

At this point, I don't know what to do short of reinstalling Windows. I really want to avoid that since I have a LOT of software installed (part of the problem?) and I've just been living with the problem. However, I need to use Lync to communicate with work colleagues, so I will need to do something to address this issue soon.

Does anyone have any experience with resolving this error or suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hi,

Lets see what the event viewer show, first run Skype and then Lync close both programs, next
download MiniToolBox and save the file to the Desktop.
Close the browser and run the tool, check the following options:
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
Click on Go.

Post the resulting log in your next reply.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users