Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Form of Malware logging into my accounts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 I Was Renamed

I Was Renamed

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hey Bleeping Computer,

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit.
Someone logged into a few of my game accounts last night while I was sleeping which in turn got my accounts locked. The games were World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I received emails stating that unauthorized persons logged into all 3 accounts. And each account has a different Email and Password. I am not sure if they logged into any of my other emails or anything since I haven't received any warnings from anyone.

My computer has been running well, but for the past week or so my browsers have been a little slower than usual. I use Mozilla mostly, but I tested IE as well and it was slow too. Also, every 20 minutes or so, my desktop icons refresh, and if I'm on a webpage, it does the same. I'm not sure how to word it exactly, it doesn't actually "Refresh as in F5" but it (blips)or reloads if that makes any sense.

When I woke up and found out my accounts were logged into from elsewhere, I immediately ran an Avast(Free) full scan, followed by a boot scan and the results came up clean. I then ran Spybot S&D, and again, the results came up clean. After that I ran Malwarebytes(Pro) and they came up clean as well. Then I ran all 3 in safe mode but got the same clean results.

I generally keep my computer pretty well maintained since I play a lot of games. Which includes defragging every night before I shut it off, running Avast and Spybot once a week, and using CCleaner. Just wondering how I got whatever I got, and how to get rid of it since it's not popping up.

Any help or just tips would be appreciated, since I just can't seem to find out what I'm infected with.

Thanks everyone. :)

Edit: I will be checking back every once in a while so I can ensure I will be able to respond in a timely matter.

Edited by I Was Renamed, 10 September 2012 - 02:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users