•When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button
and >>> restart your computer
Your computer will not auto reboot, You
need to reboot the computer yourself - It will Auto reboot only once finished -
Download Security Check by Screen317
, and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Note
: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.
Download TFC by OldTimer http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe to your desktop
Double-click TFC.exe to run it. NOTE
- TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
* Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
* Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.
Defrag your C Drive - Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Click on Disk Defragmenter
> Click Defragment
Tell us how much Free space %
is showing first ..............
If there is more than about 50%
showing as RED
then run the program for no nore than 30 minutes and then Stop it, and [ X
] out of the program-
Now start the program again and do the same as above and it will run quicker, after it has run for a while -
Go Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup
- This will take a while to find and Compress files > Tick the top 7 boxes and click OK > OK
These programs should be run about every 1 or 2 weeks
to keep your system unclogged and clean (not like it is now) -
Now Re-try Chkdsk but use chkdsk /r
Thank You -
Edited by noknojon, 24 September 2012 - 04:23 AM.