Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop-up Blocked

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:52 AM

I have a quick question? When I go to AOL.com and i click on compose mail another window pops up like its supose to but it makes this noise like its being blocked and then the window goes away, but if I clicked the link like a bunch of times in a row then the window pops up and it works fine. I have turned off my pop-up blocker to see if that was the cause of this and that didn't work, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what might be causing this.Thanks allot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:54 AM

When this happens, are you using AOL software, or Internet Explorer or what program?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 wadeb_21

wadeb_21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:58 AM

When this happens, are you using AOL software, or Internet Explorer or what program?

I'm using Internet explorer, and the I'm also using DSL. Thanks allot for the quick response.

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:05 AM

When there is a pop up, and you hear a noise, you should also see a thin light brown bar near the top of your screen. When this happens, right click on this bar, and you will be able to allow popups temporarily from this site, or always allow popups from this site.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

#5 wadeb_21

wadeb_21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:10 AM

When there is a pop up, and you hear a noise, you should also see a thin light brown bar near the top of your screen. When this happens, right click on this bar, and you will be able to allow popups temporarily from this site, or always allow popups from this site.

Thats what I thought to, but I actually don't see any bar that usually appears when a pop-up is blocked. Its kinda funny because I actually disabled the pop-up blocker all together and its still does it. I have never ran into this problem before its kinda out of the blue. Do you have any other sugestions? Thanks allot.

#6 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:41 AM

Its kinda funny because I actually disabled the pop-up blocker all together

How did you do that?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

#7 wadeb_21

wadeb_21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:52 AM

Its kinda funny because I actually disabled the pop-up blocker all together

How did you do that?

I went to tools, under pop-up blocker it says turn off and I clicked it.

#8 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:03 AM

Ok, thanks for that. Hmmmmmm. I am not sure what is going on. I will need to think about this.

I have gone to the Aol site, logged in, opened up a 'New Mail' window, and all is well. So it does not seems like there is anything wrong with the aol side of things, at least not that I have seen. And there is no issue like this listed in their help pages.

Here's a question:
Go to AOL, sign in, open a 'New Mail, window, make a note if you hear the sound again. If you do, minimize Internet Explorer (by clicking on the minus sign in the upper right corner). Now, do you see an advertisement or popup on your desktop (underneath where Internet Explorer was)?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users