Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

search redirect malware problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 holmesnmanny

holmesnmanny

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

I seem to have a redirect now. It appears to only be with Firefox, 'cause I can't get it to replicate but I'm not certain. Here are the logs. Thanks in advance, guys.

btw, I have used Combofix and it didn't fix it though it appears to have deleted some things. I previously tried Roguekiller and it came up with five registry entries that I deleted and that didn't fix it. I also tried tdskiller and that didn't find anything.

I am also including my Combofix log.

Attached Files

Edited by holmesnmanny, 08 September 2012 - 04:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 holmesnmanny

holmesnmanny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

I think I found the problem. I had an addon on there called "Performance Cache 1.0" By Identity Ltd. I did an uninstall that didn't fix the problem so I went ahead and did another, this time having it remove all "bookmarks etc etc" and it got rid of that addon. With it gone, the redirects appear to be gone. I've had that addon for a while. I don't remember where I got it.

This is a link to someone else that had that problem and had this addon.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/315746-search-links-redirecting-to-unusual-websites/page__st__15

My redirects appear to be gone. This would also explain why I didn't have problems with Internet Explorer as it was Firefox specific.

#3 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

would you still like to have the computer checked out?

gringo
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University

#4 holmesnmanny

holmesnmanny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

No, I'm ok. I will let your guy work on other people as my issues are gone now. Thanks again gringo :)

#5 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users