Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A NEW MEMBER - SPARTY047

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sparty047

sparty047

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

I have been a casual cpt user for 25yrs...starting with 8088 (sic?) processors and DOS in the mid 80s.

Have for past 2yrs been using dual operating systems, mainly so I can do the majority of my web browsing in a linux-based operating system (JoliCloud currently because I've never tried to learn enough programming to be comfortable in straight linux). Refreshing not to spend so much time defending against hostile malware.

Recently, I believed I F'ed up and let a malware get in. After running RKill, I googled one of the snippets reported. That lead me to this site. I followed a complete thread where someone heroically assisted a member with advice on what to run. They provided stepwise suggestions, based on a series of end-reports of scans by various programs.

I am amazed by the comradery shown, and hope to peruse information to improve my experience with using our home computers.

Thanks all

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer. You have landed at the best site that I know of for malware problems. The community of members here are the best.

Hope you find these helpful New User Orientation and the Tutorials section.

How to use the Bleeping Computer Discussion Forums

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users