Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photo Viewer can't find enough Memory?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JVizzle

JVizzle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

All of the sudden, I cannot view any (and I've tried many) images using Windows Photo Viewer. When I double click on an image, Photo Viewer pops up with the following message:

"Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer. Close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space (if it's almost full), and then try again."

First off, I have never been even close to low on ram or disk space at any point I have tried to view an image, and in the past I could be running SolidWorks with huge assemblies open, and I could have large images open in viewer without a problem. (is this really just more of a bug?) I saw some "solutions" regarding settings in color management, but none of them worked. The only other thing that might be relevant is, I do frequently plug the HDMI output into my TV, during which it switches to just a solo monitor output to the TV. I still get the same error when using the TV though.

And in case it matters, I'm running 64 bit Windows 7 on a Samsung RC512 with 6G of ram and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OSO ROJO

OSO ROJO

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

If you are using the Photo Viewer that comes with Windows Live Essentials .. I would uninstall and reinstall it and see if that works (sounds like corrupt files to me) if you know you have enough RAM/HDD Space .. also might want to scan for malware as well to be on the safe side :busy:

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

You might also consider installing Irfanview, a really excellent image viewer - www.irfanview.com/ - get the plug-ins as well. A very effective small package, I use it all the time.

Chris Cosgrove

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users