Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MyStart/Incredibar/Babylon removal help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 lsilvamma

lsilvamma

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hello, I have attempted so many things and nothing seems to work. I think I need professional help. anytime I get anything like this I end up restarting my comp to factory settings but to be honest I am in the middle of a lot of a semester and I don't feel like resetting it. Is there another way?

What do you need from me to help me out

Luis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Hi lsilvamma, and welcome to the MRT forums! :thumbsup:

My name is bloopie and I'll be helping you with your problems as best I can! :thumbup2:

A few things to keep in mind while we are working together:

• Please check for a reply from me at least once a day.
  • If you are unsure about any of the steps just post what you can and I will guide you!
  • Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
  • If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
  • Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.

==========

:step1:
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

==========

:step2:
I also need a log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner, please also do the following:

For 64-bit machines you may skip this step!!

Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:

Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice

Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:

How to create a GMER log

==========

What I would like to see in your next reply!

• The DDS log
  • The minimized attach.txt from the DDS scan
  • The GMER log (32-bit machines only)
bloopie

#3 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hello again,

Are you still with me? :)

This is a 3-Day Bump! If you still wish to receive help please follow the instructions in my last post.

If you do not respond in another 48 hours, I will be forced to close this topic!

bloopie

#4 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users