Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube / uploading spotty at best


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport

  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

Windows Vista
IE7


Been using Youtube for a long while and had no problems. Then about a month ago, some trojan cleanup on the computer lead to having to flush the dns, after that, I've had trouble with Youtube and the uploaders.

The new uploader wouldn't work, so I had to use the basic uploader, which worked every time. Then, mysteriously, the regular uploader started working. The basic uploader is gone and they now have an even simpler version called "upload classic"; I used that -- it was slow and working until a few days ago. Now it loads and loads forever and then about 95% of the time goes to a blank IE page where it's obviously failed, the other random 5% it goes to a new Youtube page where it says the upload was successful (and not all that new page loads correctly; I cannot, for example, see the meta tag line to enter meta tag words).

So it's not having IE7 that's causing the problem, 'cause I am occassionally getting successful uploads, and before that I was always getting successful uploads.

Now the new uploader isn't working.
When I use the fancy uploader, this is what I get:
Posted Image

And after about ten seconds or so I get this:
Posted Image


Refreshing the page obviously does nothing. It's not Adobe Flash, either as, trying to fix the problem myself, I upgraded to the newest version, after uninstalling the old one, then installed the new one, and restarted the computer. So Adobe Flash is okay.



Is there some other thing I need to update? Maybe I switched a setting in Internet Options that messed with it? No new hardware, or software (well, except the newest Adobe Flash, but that was after the problems started, like said).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 frankp316

frankp316

  • Members
  • 2,677 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

Try a different browser or upgrade to IE8. IE7 could be corrupted.

#3 NpaMA

NpaMA

  • Members
  • 635 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis, TN
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

Use the basic uploader (link in your second image). I know several people that upload to YouTube consistently and they all use the basic uploader. The new "improved" uploader is terrible. Sometimes it'll work, while at other times I've had it "estimate" 8-10hours for something that uploaded in 5 minutes with the basic one.

#4 tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

I said in my post the basic uploader only works about 5% of the time now, starting in the passed few days.

Example: today the basic uploader uploaded all videos successfully. Then I logged out and hours later logged back in to load some more stuff, and it won't work again.

I'm not interested in other browsers, or upgrading IE at this time. They already moved on to IE9 and I never even got IE8. Tha twas qucik. I think I'll wait until they got one they might stick with a bit longer, and wait until bugs are worked out. I read some people having trouble wioth Youtube using IE9, so no thanks -- I have trouble now.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

  • Members
  • 2,677 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

It is worth trying other browsers because IE may be corrupted. It's a good way to diagnose the problem.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

  • BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

Firefox and youtube downloader addon could also be used just in case. Its always good to have an alternative browser.

Tekken
 





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users