Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop will not send to printers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nonnox14

nonnox14

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop (4 or 5 years old) I use Windows 7 64 bit OS.
I have never printed from this laptop until recently.
Two years ago I got married and my wife had a Dell desk top and a Lexmark x3430 printer. Anything I wanted printed, I used her desktop.
This past week I hooked up my HP 3920 to print something. I could not get my laptop to print. The item was sent to the Queue but would not go to the printer.
Then I hooked my laptop straight to my wife's Lexmark. It would not communicate with the Lexmark. Both printers are connected to the USB port.
I reinstalled the printers. Updated the software and drivers from the company websites.
When I hooked the HP3920 to my desktop, that I seldom use, (long story) the printer worked fine.
It appears the problem is with my laptop.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

This may be silly, but it is so often the silly things that trip us up !

When you tried printing to the Lexmark, did you select the Lexmark as the active printer on your laptop - either by choosing it in the printer control panel in the application you were printing from, or by setting it as the default printer in 'Devices and Printers' ?

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users