Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

remove program

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gabe Aufiero

Gabe Aufiero

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

If a program doesn't show up in add/remove programs and I want to remove it, is system restore the best option? I've done a search for files with the name of the program etc but none turn up, yet the program appears to still be there. thanks in advance-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

A lot of us use this. And it does create a restore point.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

#3 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

Gabe Aufiero,

I don't believe that Revo Uninstaller will work if the program isn't listed in Control Panel --> Add or Remove Programs.

I've done a search for files with the name of the program etc but none turn up, yet the program appears to still be there

Have you tried to delete the program previously? If yes, how did you attempt the deletion.

Where do you see that "the program appears to still be there?"

Regards,
Brooks

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

Are you by chance referring to the Babylon toolbar you mentioned in this topic. If that's the case addons to browsers generally do not appear in add/remove. Those are removed through the browser they are associated with. Each browser has their own way of managing add-ons and plug ins. Let us know which browser and we can assist you better.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

You can always try AdWare Cleaner that finds and removes old toolbars and other junk etc.

Download Adware Cleaner run it as admin. Click the Search button allow it to run and post the log it creates.
AdWare Cleaner

Edited by noknojon, 08 September 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

You can always try AdWare Cleaner that finds and removes old toolbars and other junk etc.

Download Adware Cleaner run it as admin. Click the Delete button allow it to run and post the log it creates.
AdWare Cleaner

Adware Cleaner is an "all or nothing" program.
It will remove everything it finds, whether you want the program, or not.
Please read this page, to better understand what it will do, and what precautions should be taken, before using it:
http://www.ghacks.net/2012/04/17/adware-cleaner-remove-babyloon-toolbar-other-unwanted-programs/
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Please Note -
I have edited my original post and only asked for a SEARCH from AdWare and the log it creates. Do not hit Delete yet -

From here we can see a log that may contain problems, like added toolbars or other problem programs -

Thank You

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users