Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Office2007 without cd-drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amancio

amancio

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:52 AM

Hi!

I´ve just bought a new laptop (ASUS U32U) for my daughter... It does not have a CD/DVD DRIVE.

I Have a CD with OFFICE 2007, and I want to install it in the new laptop. I´ve created an ISO image (of the OFFICE2007 disk) with ULTRA_ISO in a different pc. I have also installed ULTRA-ISO in the new ASUS, and it can read the image perfectly, but when I click on "setup.exe" the following message appears:

"Setup cannnot find the required setup controller file. Either there was a network error, an error reading from the CD, DVD or other installation media, or a problem with the package you downloaded."

.....................................................................................

Hola,

Le he comprado un netbook (ASUS U32U) nuevo a mi hija... Viene sin unidad de CD/DVD.

Tengo un disco de OFFICE2007 que le quiero instalar, y he creado una imagen ISO del mismo con ULTRA-ISO (versión de evaluación) en otro pc.

También he instalado ULTRA_ISO en el ASUS, y lee correctamente la imagen creada, pero al pulsar sobre setup.exe salta el siguiente mensaje:

"Setup cannnot find the required setup controller file. Either there was a network error, an error reading from the CD, DVD or other installation media, or a problem with the package you downloaded."

"Setup cannnot find the required setup cpntroller file. Either there was a network error, an error reading from the CD, DVD or other installation media, or a problem with the package you downloaded."

Can you help me instal OFFICE in the new ASUS?

Thanks a lot.

Me podéis echar una mano para instalar OFFICE en e ASUS???

Gracias de antemano!!!

Edited by amancio, 06 September 2012 - 05:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

Try using the product key http://www.microsoft.com/office/downloads/

Tekken

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

Have you considered getting an external optical drive such as this:
Amazon.com: ASUS External Slim Black 8X DVD-RW Stylish Diamond Cut Design Optical Drive SDRW-08D2S-U/B/G/ACI/AS: Computers & Accessories

I would think it would be very useful.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 amancio

amancio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Thanks to both of you.

It's been much easier than that: I have simply copied the contents of the OFFICE CD in a pendrive, clicked on SETUP.EXE... and it has worked!!!

I still can't believe it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users