Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail not forwarding Hotmail and Yahoo

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ziza

Ziza

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

Hi,

Messages that are sent from a hotmail or yahoo account to gmail account #1 are not always (but sometimes) forwarded to gmail acct #2. That applies whether they are sent directly to the account or via an online contact form that directs messages to the account.

Of course, acct #2 is set up to forward all mail to #1; there are no filters. I have checked the Spam folder in #2 - they don't arrive anywhere.

So far the ones I have noticed that got stuck have used the version of the address with a dot in it, in the form aaa.bbb@gmail.com rather than aaabbb@gmail.com. It shouldn't make any difference according to the Gmail documentation, and I have received hundreds of messages addressed to the dotted form, including from Yahoo and Hotmail.
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=10313

I tried to set up a filter to forward all mail sent to the dotted form to #2, but it wouldn't let me as all mail was going there already. I guess I can set it to filter those to another of my accounts instead.

I will avoid giving out the version with the dot in the meantime, but would like to solve this somehow as the dotted version is widely known and will be used for a long time by some people. I am doing some recruitment and have already missed out on some candidates due to this problem. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users