Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Popping

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 insomniacpro

insomniacpro

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Alright, so I've found answers to this all over the internet but none of them seem to work for me so here we go:

I purchased a new pc last month with the following specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/HsN2GT6LtZqwt1My6IKmenl .

Whenever I have a media player open, the sound is crisp and clear but the moment I open a second application (net browser/game/etc.) I get a horrible and consistent pop and crackle noise. I've tried different HDMI cords, bitrates, updated all of my drivers and nothing works. I'm pretty much at my wits end. From what I've gathered online, the fault is that the audio and video both share the same HDMI cable. What do you think?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Curious Mew

Curious Mew

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

This HDMI cable, what do you have it running to?

#3 insomniacpro

insomniacpro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

My Yamaha 5.1 Tuner. I thought that perhaps it was a problem with a faulty port on the tuner but it occurs in all four of them. I also have an xbox360 attached via hdmi to one of the ports and that one sounded fine so I switched it out for the pc and still heard the distortion, which led me to believe that the fault lies on the pc end.

#4 insomniacpro

insomniacpro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Oh great, now my audio is cutting in and out and garbling (if that's a word) whenever I mouse open a second application. Perhaps I have a gremlin in the box? Ha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users