Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W7 setup.exe corrupt file

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zazPC

zazPC

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hello, I'm here because I have a problem of course.
My sister asked me to install her windows 7 after formating (I did this before, on my laptop and others PC's) this time I met a problem.
After selecting partition place for installing, on step 2 - Installing Windows at 7-8% of Expanding files I recive this error :

Windows cannot install required files error 0x80070570
The file may be corrupt or missing.. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart installation.

The DVD is in good condition, I had no problems until now. If someone know for sure how to deal with this problem, please help me.
Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,206 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'd be inclined to re-format the drive and try again. It's just taken me three goes to re-install Win 7 onto a hard drive, If it happens once, that's a nuisance. If the same thing happens again, that's a problem !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users