Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kenyan

kenyan

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:17 PM

Well, when I posted this nothing had come out. Now, I tried a friend's speakers which were much more powerful, and I am getting an incredibly quiet sound to come out. That is all. The reason my other speakers and my headphones did not work is because it is so quiet right now.

Here is a list of my system.

Windows XP
FX5700 PNY Video Card/Home Entertainment System
Chaintech MK8M800 Motherboard
My speakers and head phones belong to my cd player, although they have worked on every computer i have tried.
The computer was hand built.

My only thoughts are that I would have to calibrate it or something, like a joystick or that I have to do something in BIOS, or maybe something to do with drivers?

It was built within the past 6 months, so sort of new. There are no speakers attached to the monitor, and the computer doesn't seem to know that anything is wrong as it plays window media files with no problems and no error messages.

any suggestions or questions?

Edited by kenyan, 15 March 2006 - 12:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:39 PM

Might be that the connection where you hook up the speakers might be dirty and you are getting a bad contact....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users