Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Omg..... I Have A Virus Right Now What Do I Do!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 valendru19

valendru19

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:47 PM

I just got a virus on my computer. The warning say's something about spyware detected on my computer. And i tried everything to get it off i even tried to scan my computer. I have been looking around on google for a software to scan my computer but you have to have a credit card in order to remove the virus, can someone please help me!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:19 PM

First, do not panic.
Second, the warning that pops up on your computer is malware designed to get you to purchase a program that will get rid of the supposed virus. What you have is adware on your computer and most likely NOT a virus.

Here is what to do:
1. Update and scan your hard drive with your resident Anti-virus. If you do not have one, there are several very good ones that are free.
2. Next, download one or two anti-adware/spyware applications. BC has a list of free applications here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Two of the best are Spybot and Ad-AwareSE. Install and update their definitions and scan your hard drive with both, letting them get rid of all the malware they find. These are good to have and run on a regular basis.

If, after doing this, you continue to see that pop-up, then submit a HJT log so our great team of volunteer experts can find the problem and help you get rid of it.
Carefully read and follow the instructions for submitting a log that is found here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 valendru19

valendru19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:48 AM

THE VIRUS IS CALLED win32:Nsag-B(DII).

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:59 AM

Did your anti-virus find it and quarantine it?
Regards,
John

#5 valendru19

valendru19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:10 AM

Yes, it found it and said it can't be removed, i used the Zone Alerm anti-virus

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:18 AM

Try running your anti-virus in Safe Mode. If that fails, submit a HJT log after reading the instructions at the link I provided above.
Cheers,
John

#7 valendru19

valendru19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:24 AM

ok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users