Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Laptop Battery Charging Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lee-Ann

Lee-Ann

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

I have an Acer laptop Aspire 5517. I was having batteries charging issues and bought a new battery but the issues seem to remain.
When i plug in and charge it only gets to 67%.... Then on occasion i have caught it...dimming and acting as if the cord is not plugged in.
I have downloaded and installed a small program called batterycare to better see the issue... On its detailed information tab.... it shows...
Designed capacity of 53280 mWh
total capacity of 49462 mWh
Current capacity of 33145 mWh
Charge/discharge rate : mostly this shows 0 w with the regular batter charging icon showing plugged (but it does not do the filling animation you get only when you first plug in)
but the screen will dim and then this will go to +7.10 w for a few seconds and then +1.00 w for a few seconds, then -0.5 w and in the mean time the regular batter icon will go from charging to not and then charging again....
I can not make this happen with wiggling or playing with the cord...

i have tried to re calibrate the battery... but since it never fully comes to 100% or even close... i cant do a full discharge and recharge.
Any Suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users