I found your guide for removing it via Google:
- I followed the first step to reboot into safe mode, but Windows 7 would not load.
- I tried using Windows Start Repair via the installation disc and that could not fix the problem.
- I then booted into safe mode on an old Vista partition on the same computer and followed the steps in the instructions linked to above.
- This found the problems and I had the tools clean them out.
- I was then able to boot into safe mode on the Windows 7 partition.
- I followed the instructions again from the link above.
- This found a few more problems that the tools fixed.
At this point, it was looking like everything was back to normal.
I was a fool and ran combofix without instructions to do so.
- Combofix ran through it's tests and then eventually rebooted the computer.
- Upon logging back in, combofix resumed and said something like "Wait until combofix is finished"
- Then the message changed to something like "Combofix is compiling the log - don't use any other programs until it is finished"
- It said this same message for a couple hours, so I thought it must of hung.
- I killed the Combofix processes and rebooted the computer.
- When the computer rebooted, the computer could no longer connect to the internet.
I followed the "Manually restoring internet connection" instructions located here:
But, I still can't connect to the internet.
Thank you for any help you can provide for me.
Edited by Bass10, 04 September 2012 - 02:06 PM.