Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Analysis Utilities

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rob2008

rob2008

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

Any good utility programs out there that can provide the following:

System Configuration
Speed Tests and Bench Marking for CPU, HDD, Internet, etc
Installed Application Software
Security Risks
Any other useful analysis packages

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hello Rob
here are some

Speccy System Information

Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 rob2008

rob2008
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

Great! Thanks for the tips... they both look good.... still looking for a good benchmarking program that gives info on cpu, memory, hard drive, internet and network connections to see if they are running as good as they should be and how they compare to what is out there....

The ones that you gave me though look useful...

Thanks again!

R.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

All Freeware:

There are several useful programs from CPUID that include performance monitoring tools, temperature sensors, benchmarking, etc.
Most are standalone, or have portable versions available.

Other nice monitoring tools:
GPU-Z
Video card/GPU info
Clock speeds
Fan speeds
Temps

Moo0 SystemMonitor
More information than you will ever need to know, about real-time system performance. :)
84 skins available
Portable version available

System Spec
A portable system information utility
Lots of system info about Memory, Display, Drives, CPU, Internet, Programs, Network, Printers, Sound, USB devices, etc.

SIW (System Information for Windows)
A standalone utility
Provides Software Information, Hardware Information, Network Information, Real-time monitors, Network Tools, and miscellaneous other tools

Hope you are able to find something useful among these tools.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 rob2008

rob2008
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Thanks so much... these are great.... I am getting back into doing system audits for home, small, and medium sized businesses, and needed to upgrade my tools.... figured this was the fastest way to see what is the latest and greatest.

Ofcourse my favourite statement for clients is "Well... we have sort of been slacking on doing the backups..." When will people learn....

R.

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

You're quite welcome.

Ofcourse my favourite statement for clients is "Well... we have sort of been slacking on doing the backups..." When will people learn....

MAYBE, about the time their system crashes, and they lose EVERYTHING. :)
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users