Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie Remembers What You've Typed Into Text Boxes And It Shows Up Automatically If You Type Something With The Same Letter.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:09 PM

For example, if you go to google.com on my computer and search for "Star Trek," and then the next day you go there and start to type in "Star Wars," it will remember that you searched for Star Trek before, and as soon as you write the letter "S" a drop down menu will pop up and give you the option to select it. It does that with other sites where you type things in also. How can I make it stop remembering what I've typed?

Edited by vulcanjedi, 14 March 2006 - 08:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:53 AM

Posted Image

#3 vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:43 AM

Thank you so much! :)

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:10 AM

Tools/Internet Options/Content. Uncheck "Auto complete" for web addresses and then "OK." If your version of IE is different, look in the HELP file for "autocomplete" to find the precise location.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users