Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Raises Privacy Issues With Tweaked TOS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

If you don't like it, then you can terminate your account by going to Account Services. "The updated agreement will take effect on October 19, 2012. If you continue to use our services after October 19th, you agree to the terms of the new agreement or, of course you can cancel your service at any time." If you use "your Microsoft account and many of our online products and services for consumers, such as Hotmail, SkyDrive, Bing, MSN, Office.com, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Movie Maker, Windows Mail Desktop, and Windows Writer" after that time, then you automatically agree to abide by the new Microsoft TOS.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/261849/microsoft_raises_privacy_issues_with_tweaked_tos.html#tk.rss_news

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Burney

Burney

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

They are just following suit to keep up with google. I can't blame them for that. Its just their I don't give a bleep additude towards people who don't like it. Maybe if a lot of people stop using their services they will get the message. Nothing is private any more anyway when you use a "free" service. You are the curency and if they can use information to better sell you things... that is the price we pay for free.

#3 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

@ Burney, good point, and always good to remind people - myself included.

I've had my Hotmail account for almost 15 years and as of late it's been difficult to use & tweak the way I want it to. I understand the need to monetize and make some money but I'm also comfortable giving up some things that no longer suit me (my sole power as an End User and/or consumer). When I left Netflix I wasn't sure what would take it's place but lo and behold, the marketplace found another way to get my cash and I suspect it will be no different here.

@tg1911 - thanks for the post and the link.

Onward,

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users