Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HD 7770 is giving me some troubles. Screen is blurry.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 norc

norc

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Okay I just put in a new video card tonight. It is a Sapphire Radeon HD 7770. I am having some issues with overall picture clarity. Things are generally fuzzy, it's really hard to read text, pictures are VERY hard to see, they look pixelated and blurred together, there's a black border surrounding my normal display, and it's clear that this is not how the display should look like. Additionally, the color is slightly off, it looks like it has somewhat of a blue-ish tint. The resolution is set to 1920x1080 and 60 Hz. It would seem on the surface to be a driver issue, but I installed them via CD, and then I updated them through AMD's catalyst control center, but it hasn't improved things. I am replacing an old video card, an HD Radeon 4550. I uninstalled the old card and its drivers before installing the new ones.

My specs meet the requirements as far as what's on the box and online:

Processor: Intel i3-550
6 GB RAM
450W Power supply
1 TB Hard-drive
Running Windows 7 64 bit

It's an Acer desktop I bought about a year ago, refurbished, off Amazon. I've never had a single problem with it until now. I had replaced the Power Supply last year when I put in the 4550. I have the card hooked up to the power supply and it is firmly placed in the PCI-e slot.

Does anyone know where to go from here? :\

Edited by norc, 03 September 2012 - 10:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users