Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Already do have adobe flash player 11.4.402.265

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,063 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

Aleady downloaded and installed Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.265 a few days ago, as directed from the announcement window upon computer startup, to the adobe page link, to the download of this new version of Flash Player. The install a few days ago (downloaded first) was successful. YouTube videos work (although this was checked in other browsers, not in I.E.). This morning, another update announcement window appeared for Flash Player. I was expecting the button to give me the typical installer interface to automatically download then install Flash Player, but NO. Instead, the announcment window button gave me the web page to permit me to choose to download what I ALREADY have - version 11.4.402.265. I already have that version. Where then is the update? I would expect to see the two gray windows involving an update for v11.4, hopefully to give me some update higher than ...265, and not see another web page through my default browser.

I checked the adobe site to try feedback to report this but I had to face a mess of a website to move through (Adobe....) if I want that.

Anyone know if I may have some unknown fault on my system, or if this webpage is the right kind of way to get the update which I already have? Makes no sense to update version 11.4.402.265 with 11.4.402.265. Cannot tell adobe, cannot complain to adobe unless stuggle through their complicated website.

System: Windows XP sp3, laptop. Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.265 been installed for past 3 days or so. Browsers I.E. 8, Firefox 14.01, couple of others. Plugin for Firefox is 11.3.300.xyz (can't remember exact 'xyz').

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

The last update for my Win XP IE8 flash player was thru a link provided by Adobe. The download and install for adobe flash update dialogue box could be different for Vista and Win 7. Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.265 is the current release version. For Firefox, I check all plugins here http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

Tekken

#3 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,063 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

Probable BEST ANSWER: The first upgrade to 11.4.402.265 gave the ActiveX for Internet Explorer. The second announcement for an update (or upgrade?) displayed upon much later computer startup was maybe for the plugin for Firefox browser, which I accepted and installed a few minutes ago. Both of the updates lead to a webpage for download from Adobe. Note that data about versions was checked in Java control panel, through Windows Control Panel, in the Update tab.

System used for both these updates: Laptop, Windows XP sp3, Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 15.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Hi -
Please note that you are not the only person that has reported this.

Several others have noted this on other forums, but no direct answer has been found, except for Adobe double-up (or Screw-up) - :whistle:

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

The second announcement for an update (or upgrade?) displayed upon much later computer startup was maybe for the plugin for Firefox browser, which I accepted and installed a few minutes ago

I have to check this also in my Win XP the next time referring to the same webpage install option. Just had IE Flash update the last time I've used my XP computer.

Tekken

#6 Susanherna

Susanherna

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

Aleady downloaded and installed Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.265 a few days ago, as directed from the announcement window upon computer startup, to the adobe page link, to the download of this new version of Flash Player. The install a few days ago (downloaded first) was successful. YouTube videos work (although this was checked in other browsers, not in I.E.). This morning, another update announcement window appeared for Flash Player. I was expecting the button to give me the typical installer interface to automatically download then install Flash Player, but NO. Instead, the announcment window button gave me the web page to permit me to choose to download what I ALREADY have - version 11.4.402.265. I already have that version. Where then is the update? I would expect to see the two gray windows involving an update for v11.4, hopefully to give me some update higher than ...265, and not see another web page through my default browser.

I checked the adobe site to try feedback to report this but I had to face a mess of a website to move through (Adobe....) if I want that.

Anyone know if I may have some unknown fault on my system, or if this webpage is the right kind of way to get the update which I already have? Makes no sense to update version 11.4.402.265 with 11.4.402.265. Cannot tell adobe, cannot complain to adobe unless stuggle through their complicated website.

System: Windows XP sp3, laptop. Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.265 been installed for past 3 days or so. Browsers I.E. 8, Firefox 14.01, couple of others. Plugin for Firefox is 11.3.300.xyz (can't remember exact 'xyz').

The plugin for Firefox 11.3.300 is the one that needs to be upgraded. I have the same thing. Every time Flash upgrades, I have to download both the IE version and the plugin version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users