thanks for helping me with this.
Do you recognize this web site?http://www.basicscan.com
Please consider and complete the following for me.
Going over your logs I noticed that you have µTorrent
installed. It is pretty much certain that if you continue to use P2P programs, you will get infected again.
- Avoid gaming sites, pirated software, cracking tools, keygens, and peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs.
- They are a security risk which can make your computer susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections, remote attacks, exposure of personal information, and identity theft. Many malicious worms and Trojans spread across P2P file sharing networks, gaming and underground sites.
- Users visiting such pages may see innocuous-looking banner ads containing code which can trigger pop-up ads and malicious Flash ads that install viruses, Trojans and spyware. Ads are a target for hackers because they offer a stealthy way to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users.
- The best way to reduce the risk of infection is to avoid these types of web sites and not use any P2P applications.
I would recommend that you uninstall µTorrent
, however that choice is up to you. If you choose to remove the program, you can do so via Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
If you are still leaning toward using this program, please take a look at this information about Ransomware
which can be delivered via P2P file transfers. The newest variation of Ransomware can make it impossible to recover the files this malicious software encrypts. In other words, you will probably lose most if not all of your valuable information, including pictures. In addition, it has recently been reported
that P2P downloads may be tracked resulting in your IP address being monitored by copyright authorities. .If you wish to keep it, please do not use it until we are completely done and your machine is determined to be clean and updated.
===================================================Farbar's Service Scanner
Please download Farbar Service Scanner
, save it to your desktop, and run it.
- Make sure the following options are checked:
- Internet Services
- Windows Firewall
- System Restore
- Security Center/Action Center
- Windows Update
- Windows Defender
- Other Services
- Press "Scan".
- It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
- Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
===================================================Run Combofix in Vista/7
Combofix is a very powerful tool and special attention must be taken to allow it to work properly. Please pay careful attention to the following instructions
- Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:
- Save Combofix.exe to your Desktop <-- Important!!!
- Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)
- Double click on Combofix.exe and follow the prompts. It is important you do not mouseclick while the program is running or it may stall.
Note #1: Often times it may appear as if ComboFix has stopped working. To verify it is still running please do one of the following below. If, based on the below, you have concluded ComboFix has stopped running please stop and advise me.
Note #2: If you receive the following error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion" please just restart your computer to resolve this issue
- Check your computer clock. If it is still running then so is ComboFix
- Open Task Manager and select the Applications Tab. If the status of AutoScan is Running, then ComboFix is running
- Open Task Manager and select the Processes Tab. Under Image Name look for files ending in .3xe. If there are fluctuating numbers under CPU and Mem Usage then ComboFix is running
- When finished, it will produce a log. Please copy and paste the C:\Combofix.txt log information in your next reply.
Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste
the information rather than send an attachment.
- Did you decide to remove µTorrent?
- Are you still experiencing redirects?