For those who don't feel like reading an explanation, here's a picture that showcases my problem:
And now for the explanation.
This whole endeavor began yesterday, when I had decided it would be a great idea to repartition one of my drives so, instead of having one 44 gb partition with my main OS (Vista) on it, a 144 GB partition with an older install of Server 2008 on it, and 2 GBs of unallocated space, I would have one giant 189 GB partition, with enough space so I could download some Android SDK files and a copy of Ubuntu (using Wubi, of course). I thought it was going to be easy and straightforward: delete the old 144 GB partition, expand the 44 GB partition to 190 (technically 189.92) gigs, and then party for a while.
Unfortunately, my computer decided to be a little brat.
First off, yesterday, after taking the old partition off of boot and deleting some assorted files, I restarted and, shockingly, I was given the error message "BOOTMGR NOT FOUND, CTRL+ALT+DEL TO RESTART." It scared me, but with some program assistance I got the boot manager back up and running, and relaxed for the rest of the day, afraid to find out what adventures lie ahead of me the following day.
Today, I decided to actually resize the main partition to 190 gigs. But that came with it's own issues. After using an Ubuntu live CD to extend the partition, I restarted and the boot manager couldn't start up the computer, as expected (since the boot partition was being moved). I thought using bootrec on a copy of the Server 2008 install disk I had would fix Vista up, but instead it made matters worse by thrashing the MBR. I eventually used another program of mine (the same one I used to bypass the "BOOTMGR NOT FOUND" issue) to rebuild the boot data, the bcd and the mbr. A few "chkdsk /f" runs later, and now I'm here: My Computer says this partition is only 44 gigs large, yet the Computer Management thing says it should be 189 gigs large. I don't know what to do next.
Edit: Well, I decided to see if checking the disk in Ubuntu would solve the problem (I didn't think much anything would happen, since Windows didn't find anything.) Turns out that the drive wasn't expanded properly, so it properly re-sized it to my desired size of 189.92 GBs, solving my problem. I should really stop putting my trust in Windows products when it comes to discovering errors. XD
Edited by FRiNKEL, 02 September 2012 - 09:53 PM.