Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

getting a program off my computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 prairiedances

prairiedances

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

I added kaspersky to my computer, however my school gave me symantec solutions for mac for free so I downloaded that as well. I'm trying to uninstall kaspersky off my computer but I can't figure out how to do so using the normal methods. Before, if I clicked on the installer it gave me two options: install or uninstall now when I click on it it just reinstalls the program. I also tried dragging it to the trash bin but that doesn't work either. Is there another way I can get rid of the program? Or should I just keep it and unistall symantec solutions? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frnhalo

frnhalo

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

Hello PrairieDances,

Removing applications from Mac OS is notoriously difficult, but some applications have an unistall feature in the DMG file provided or installation disc. Dragging the installer to the trash will not uninstall it. You have drag the applications components. First off you would have to drag the application shortcut, or executable itself (found in the applications folder).

TINSTAAFL = There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Intel Core i7-3770K | Asus P8Z77V-Deluxe | XFX Radeon HD 7770 Black Edition

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

How to uninstall Kaspersky Security for Mac

Applies to Kaspersky Security for Mac Uninstallation tool is included to the Kaspersky Security for Mac distributive. In order to uninstall Kaspersky Security for Mac using the uninstallation tool, perform the following actions:

• Download the standard uninstallation tool for Kaspersky Security for Mac.
  • Double-click the downloaded archive.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users