I installed the ThemesFix.reg and I did get the popup on the reboot. Everything seems normal for now, so I'll use the computer for a bit and post back if anything seems wrong. Thanks for all the help!!! I really appreciate it.
If the popup continues please do this:
- run Autoruns
again as Administrator
- open the Menu Options
-> Filter Options
... -> unckeck Hide Windows entries
- let the program scan again
- open the Logon
tab and search the list for the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
section (you can use CTRL+F
to search for the key)
- locate the Themes Setup
inside the above section
- right click Themes Setup
and select Jump to Entry...
Regedit will open and will locate the registry key for that entry...
- right click the selected key inside Regedit and select Copy Key Name
- reply to this post and press CTLR+V
to paste the key name
• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!
Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE