Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When I Run A Game, My Computer Minimizes It.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aqualite

Aqualite

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:03 PM

Whenever I try to run StarCraft, Medieval Total War, C&C Generals, or WarCraft 3 my computer will either not run the program or it will let it load up to the games loading screen and minimize and when I try to restore it, the computer minimizes it again. I am running Windows XP and all of these games have played on my computer before.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:45 PM

have you recently added anything or changed anything on your pc including your screen resolution because i have had some problems with this aswell and i sorted mine by changing my resolution with C&C generals and when i first played freelancer i had not long added a new graphics card cant remember how i sorted that one out though sorry but im sure someone else would have an idea if its anything to do with these.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#3 Aqualite

Aqualite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:26 PM

my resolution has been the same since i got this computer. And i don't believe i have changed anything. I have two games I can play and one of them has problems. When I run diablo 2 the game comes up and it does the blizzard loading but if you click drag across the screen you'll highlight the desktop icons, and after D2 loads it minimizes it, but all i have to do is restore that. Whenever D2 goes to a cutscene it'll sometime minimize or crash the game when it used to work fine.

#4 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:52 AM

hmmm well to be fair im not that sure then have you got the latest video card drivers? its a long shot but all i can think of.

have you tried downloading the latest patches to fix bugs but if these hames worked before that might not work.

have you run virus scans and spyware scans lately just a thought.

#5 Aqualite

Aqualite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:41 PM

i do all those scans every weekend and where would i go to see if there are any new versions for my drivers?

#6 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:16 AM

just go to the website of your card makers or if its integrated graphics your motherboard makers and on the site there should be somewhere a list of downloads with card updates just pick whatever your card is and download their latest driver and install it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users