Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some type of odd malware.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sikezz

sikezz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Anytime I try to visit google,yahoo,bing or any search engines I'm getting this avas alert below.
Posted Image

I've scanned the comp with several scanners Malwarebytes & Hijack this ,Hitman ect.. all the other popular ones in safemode ect.
Also avas and few online webbased scanners. Even tried that super spyware removal program on here.
It does not detect any malware. Reinstalled fire fox & chrome. Cleaned java cache,flushed dns cleared any temp files and all that good stuff.Ran CCleaner.

What I even found more bizarre was when I tried to do a who is search on that domain at http://who.is.
SURFERS! DO NOT VISIT THIS URL BELOW
http://www.who.is/whois/ppcadvertisinginfo.com
I PUT IT HERE FOR THE MALWARE REMOVAL EXPERTS TO LOOK AT AND FARTHER INVESTIGATE IF NEED BE.
Avas gives me a trojan alert when I do a who.is search on that domain,STRANGE.
Posted Image

I'd like to get it removed.
Sorta not sure what else to do.
I thought that who.is behavior was awfully strange though. LOL
Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by sikezz, 02 September 2012 - 02:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Welcome aboard Posted Image

I use Avast as well and those warnings are perfectly normal.
When your Google search page pop-up some links will trigger such Avast warning.
That's for your good.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users