Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Connect To Vpn After Alfa Cleaner

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kamz

kamz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:12 PM

I recently got the Alfa Cleaner virus on my XP machine. I did a system restore and several Norton AV scans and everything seems to be gone and working fine, except for one thing. I can no longer connect to my company's VPN. It worked shortly before the virus appeared so I suspect there is some aspect of the virus lingering. My IT support has assessed the VPN logs and thinks something on my pc is blocking the registry or the TCP/IP stack so that the VPN driver cannot load. I have tried temporarily turning off all firewalls and anti-virus programs, to no avail. All the running processes look normal. Can you help me diagnose what is blocking this? Are there any internet or registry settings to check? Thank you very much for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users