Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus Laptop Lagging

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HijackThat

HijackThat

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

:blink:
Two days ago my laptop started lagging while typing and while starting videos (such as youtube). For several months it has run quite hot at least once a day, Which I have come to expect with laptops in general, but mention it because it might be related. Could the lagging be a video card problem or a ram issue?

Thank you infinitely for your help.
Andrew

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

The lagging problem would not come from a video or RAM issue. They would exhibit a certain booting/unbootable and pixelated problem. Hard drive, infections and thermal events are just some that would contribute to your problem. Download Speccy from this link and check also this guide.

Tekken

#3 HijackThat

HijackThat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

:blink:
Snapshot before streaming video online
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/62CKyFy1MJuDEqmWAW2rUeo

Snapshot while streaming video online
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/YWOIB0i3WzwiMmNrKfxj4pg

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:06 AM

Your laptop has high temperature readings. Any internal components or worse the mobo might give in, take it to repair shop if you are not familiar with applying some thermal paste and cleaning the laptop thoroughly.

Tekken

#5 HijackThat

HijackThat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

I am familiar with applying thermal paste, just fixed my desktop.
I found this video on youtube and it looks like I'll have to completely disassemble my laptop to reach the CPU/GPU.
Is this true??

Scan to 9:00 minutes:
YouTube disassembly of my laptop model

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

If your up to the task, check for the online manual if necessary.It will be a learning experience. Maybe labeling the laptop parts by number when removed and putting the screws by size would help you not get confused when trying to assemble back.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users