Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SFC issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -TAY-

-TAY-

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

so i'm trying to run an SFC on an win 7 home premium x64 l;aptop, every time i run it, it starts then acts like it is going to do the verification process it never goes past 0% but momentarily after starting it, it claims it found no integrity violations. i'm obviously looking at some OS corruption. i'm really trying to avoid an os repair as i'm quite certain the key on this is an oem key and not the key off the bottom on the sticker. microsoft has let the quality of the stickers go down the toilet and it is completely illegible now... any suggestions as to what i can do. if any further information is needed please let me know

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Restart the PC

Press F8 on bootup

Select REPAIR YOUR COMPUTER

Click on REPAIR

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

Can you get to this screen?

If yes

Click on COMMAND prompt and run this command

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows

If SFC fails again,you have two options.Ignore SFC scan or repair/reinstall your OS

good luck

#3 -TAY-

-TAY-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

thanks! i'll post reply in a while

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users