Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Realplayer will not download

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 geekonoba

geekonoba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

I have been having problems using Realplayer to download YouTube videos. I have used it for ages and it worked perfectly but then a few weeks ago it just stopped working. Went online to see if anyone else had the same problem and it appears this is a very common occurrence, going back even a couple of years. Even though I had not been toying with any settings, I went in and made sure the RealPlayer downloader was enabled, which it was. So I was going to try the tried and true method of deleting RealPlayer and downloading it again. When I tried this I did get the .exe file downloaded but when I try to run it to install RealPlayer i get the error message:

RealNetworks Installer has encountered a problem and needs to close.

In the details it says:

Error signature
AppName: msetup0.exe AppVer: 4.4.0.24 ModName: msetup0.exe
ModVer: 4.4.0.24 Offset:00004d1b

I am running Windows XP Home with SP3 and Google Chrome for an internet browser.

If anyone is familiar with this problem, I would appreciate any assistance.

Edited by hamluis, 01 September 2012 - 07:00 PM.
Moved from XP to Audio/Video - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

There has been a change of policy on several fronts...that prevent such downloads of Youtube videoa now :).

I also had used RP for such, but discovered in the last month that there have been two decided changes.

a. YouTube has changed the Terms of Service at its site. Downloading videos via RP is no longer possible...and steps are being taken to prevent illegal downloads by other software/websites.

b. RP came out with an updated player not long ago and this does not feature the download options I experienced with previous versions.

So...your result is the end product of these changes.

Louis

#3 geekonoba

geekonoba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=65&t=467174 Thank you Louis for your quick and informative reply. Guess I should have known the Realplayer downloads were too good to be true. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users