Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Pc-cillin Warning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 reynald

reynald

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:19 PM

Trend Micro's PC-cillin (my antivirus program) is continually displaying popups warning me that it's detected a network virus called MS02-039_SQL_SERVER_RESOLUTION_EXPLOIT. It advises me to perform a manual scan and activate the emergency lock. The first time I got this warning, I performed the (long) manual scan and it found nothing, and my PC is running smoothly, but I'm still getting this popup several times a day. From what I've been able to find, WinXP systems kept up to date with all Microsoft patches, which mine is, are not vulnerable to this virus. In which case this popup is a nuisance I'd like to make go away.
Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:58 AM

What other security software are you running on your computer?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Paul R

Paul R

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 05:27 AM

I have exactly the same problem. Do you have the PC-cillin firewall activated or are you using the windows firewall?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users