Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2002 - mail account undeletable!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mugger

mugger

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

A friend has six basic POP Outlook email account on his XP. He deleted an account via the standard Tools, and Account removal process. The account no longer appears on his Accounts list. But when Outlook is launched the standard pop up window still continually appearing showing the name of the deleted account and the ‘Please type user name and password’ prompt. Am going demented trying to find out where the hidden profile details are so that I can delete them also for him. Any help greatly appreciated.
(He will then hopefully stop hassling me and I can collect the 3 beers he promised me if I sort it).
Richard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

Go to Control Panel. Double-click the Mail icon.
On the General tab, uncheck Always use this profile under the When starting Outlook use this profile option.
Click ok

good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users