Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Untechiest Person in Tech

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Usually Infected

Usually Infected

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

Hello - just an introduction to play nice.

I'm an SEO analyst and online marketing consultant. I'm supposed to be technically savvy, but marketing and IT departments don't usually mingle well. So I'm more of a marketer and use computers all day: I telecommute around the world for my clients, usually doing competitive analysis and SEO duties of various sorts...

But then days like today happen. I get a rogue scanner virus and EVERYTHING stops. Not good for a company that's one person strong (and it's a very lucrative business). Funny thing is that it took me about 4 hours to get halfway through an online tutorial to get rid of this thing, and the hackers must've evolved their code because frankly my PC's a freaking mess, my attitude's in the toilet, and I'd like to choke the person responsible which I think may be Apple because I'd LOVE to get a Mac and be free of this balogna once and for all...

Anyway, that's that. Oh, I have a family with kids and a wife and a dog, all that...and I blog, and I'm incredibly fun when I'm not being hacked by some loser who thinks hijacking computers is good business.

Please help me find the people so I can go all Sopranos on 'em...or just help me with my PC. :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

Welcome to BC, and thanks for joining. I suggest that you post about your problem in the Am I Infected? Forum (even though it is probably a rhetoric question). If you could provide more detail about the symptoms and which tutorial you were using and how far you got, I am sure our Members can help you.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users