Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fathers computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shogun697

shogun697

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

In my dads house and he just told me he gets this message when turning off his computer"Hello - I get this message every time I shut down my computer - "Other people are logged on to this computer. Shutting down windows cause them to lose data. Do you want to continue shutting down?" Want to know what this mean or who is "them".
The guest is turned off there is no other computers in his house also he lives in the country with no houses about. Any help with this would be great thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hi

The next time he sees this he can...
Click START
Rightclick MY COMPUTER
Click MANAGE
In the left pane expand SHARED FOLDERS
Click SESSIONS

and it should show what is connecting to any shared resources.

James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users