Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't compose Email in Gmail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nivrip

nivrip

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

Out of the blue I find that I cannot compose an email when using Gmail. Nothing has been changed but now when I put the cursor in the text box to begin an email as soon as I hit any key the cursor disappears and no text is produced.

I am at a complete loss as to what has happened here and also have no idea what to do to restore normality.

Anyone got any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

Have you tried a different browser? That's the only idea I can come up with.

#3 pollyparrot

pollyparrot

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

This might sound a little bit odd and might be completely wrong-but are you by any chance using firefox?

If you select and drag over the area where you type text, does the text miraculously appear?

Only ask because it did it to me on google last night.
"Only two things are infinite:The Universe and human stupidity. And I am not so sure about the former."-Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users