Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Possibly Hijacked?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AJ Wrighter

AJ Wrighter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

My name is Andrew, and here are my specs:

Computer: mobo: k9a2 platinum MSI ver 1.0
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 6000+ at 3GHz
Ram: 2 Gig of ram.
Vid: ATI HD 3850 Radeon

Firewall: Comodo
V-Scanner: UnThreat Antivirus
M-Scanner: IObit Malware Fighter + Advanced System Care, malwarebyte (which I donít think is working properly)

The Problem: In Comodo there are many times hundreds of out bound connections with slightly different IPís will go through every single port it seems. For example there could be a list of my computer IP 192.168.1 with different ports: 1000 to 2000 or 1 to 100 under the source. While a list of several slightly different varying IPís under destination. For example the IP could be 173.194.00:0 all the way on up to 173.194.68:255. Some of these IPís I tried to block using my Netgear Router but it doesnít seem to block those IPís from sending and receiving data. If I try and type it in the browser I get a huge Netgear warning pretty much saying GTFO.

In addition I had several ports that were listening but I have managed to close them all except 135 which isnít really doing anything and is being controlled (to my knowledge) by comodo.

Also in all my regular folders at the top where the Ďdetailsí bar is. I have the Following details checked: Name , Size , Type , Date Modified , Date Created , Date Accessed.

Under date accessed it will sometimes show dates and times on select files that were never accessed by me nor by any running scanner or updater. This primarily only happens in the My Documents section. There have been rare occasions when I will click inside a folder which will result in every file being tagged with the same date and time, while in normal cases I have to actually click on the file or the folder in order to flag the date accessed detail.

Temporarily I have two hard drives with two OS (I know this is a big no no.) for the sole purpose of backing up files to DVD and then formatting one of the hard drives. However I am reluctant to format as I need to be absolutely sure that the files I have backed up havenít been compromised.

Finally, even though I am considered Administrator. If I go into safe mode there is another Option for Administrator but is passworded and I have no clue what the password is.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users