Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New installation Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 richierein

richierein

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

I had previously changed my default profile from C: to H:. I had much too many applications installed and everything started going wrong. For example: When uninstalling, the process went ok but did not uninstall the application from the 'programs and features' and did not delete the files. This is just an example. So many things worked incorrectly and the system was so slow, I decided to re-install Windows 7. The problem is that I forgot to set the default profile to H: before reinstalling many programs. They now are all residing on C:. How can I get them onto H: without uninstalling everything on C: and then re-installing them again on H:

Can I Copy/Replace all of my installed applications from C:\Users\Richard to H:\Users\Richard and then uninstall all of the unwanted applications on H: followed by a re-build of my Itunes library OR should I uninstall everything from my C: drive, use Regedit to change the default profile and then install them again on H:?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bloemkool

Bloemkool

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

When you re-install Windows you will lost all your files, so I think no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users