Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

services.exe missing editted then bsod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 livereal

livereal

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

mk so while working to remove a simple virus i thought i changed the service name and was hoping that avg was gonna clean the file. but look and behold bsod occurs i used latest FRST.exe 64bit on flash drive and recieve the log i do think i need to replace this file. in that is the case i dont have a recovery disk because of bad information on mothers behalf. if its fixxable i would be happy

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   23.64KB   9 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 livereal

livereal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

more info its a emachines el1358g+51w win7 home premium im just needing someone to help replace services.exe win 7 file in windows32 and kinda guide me through it. but files like that im not able to find. much appreciated

#3 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

services.exe is missing from your system, you computer wont boot till we find a replacement

so please run this fix, then do a search for services.exe

Please do the following:

Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below. (To do this highlight the contents of the box, right click on it and select copy. Right-click in the open notepad and select Paste). Save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txt

start
2012-08-02 04:58 - 2012-08-02 04:58 - 04024320 ____A C:\Program Files (x86)\GUT4643.tmp
2012-08-02 04:58 - 2012-08-02 04:58 - 00000000 ____D C:\Program Files (x86)\GUM4642.tmp
2012-08-02 04:58 - 2009-07-13 17:14 - 00020480 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\svchost.exe
2012-08-02 04:58 - 2009-07-13 17:14 - 00020480 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\svchost(126).exe
C:\Windows\Installer\{bec1570b-8846-4ad8-0091-7278f134618e}
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\{bec1570b-8846-4ad8-0091-7278f134618e}
C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Desktop.ini
C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\Desktop.ini
end

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Now please enter System Recovery Options then select Command Prompt

Run FRST (or FRST64 if you have the 64bit version) and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

• While you are still booted into System Recovery Options run FRST.

Type the following in the edit box after "Search:" so it looks like this:

Search: services.exe

Click Search button and post the log it makes to your reply.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,565 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Hello, just letting you know I moved this topic to Here in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum where it will stay.

Please remember to click the Watch Topic button at the top right and select Immediate Notification so you do not miss any replies now that you were moved.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 livereal

livereal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

imma try this but becuase how recovery console thing is command prompt is in x drive and wont switch to main drive c where mine is located

#6 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

it doesn't need to switch to c:

I'm not quite sure what you mean

when you first ran FRST, you would have noted the drive letter if your USB in the recovery environment

if the drive letter of your USB is "e", then you type e:\frst64.exe at the command prompt to start FRST64

#7 livereal

livereal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

im back from the new computer.. i was just worried that i didnt have to switch command prompt to c: because i read the fixlog and seen the extension but its fine now i can post the files still . i took the file from the folder in search log and moved into system 32 and now im up and running. imma go ahead and make a copy of it and put it back just in case virus comes back from before. it was a root virus redirect avg wasnt fixing it and i tried previously ty for the howto search feature with the frst software

Attached Files

#8 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

well, that wasn't in the instructions, but it seems to have worked out ok

we have a couple more scans to do, to make certain that there are no left overs, it takes a couple runs with different tools to get completely clean, so stay with me

please do the following:

Refer to the ComboFix User's Guide

• Download ComboFix from the following location:

Link

* IMPORTANT !!! Place ComboFix.exe on your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.
    You can get help on disabling your protection programs here
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
    Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Ensure your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications are re-enabled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.

#9 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users