Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Morwill Search

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mullo

mullo

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:55 AM

When I log on to the internet Morwill Search pops up after about 1 minute. Sometimes after that, an internet explorer error message pops up and internet explorer closes. How can I stop all of this from happening?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:09 PM

Hey Alex

I suspect a Vundo infection as there are strong links between this pop-up from Morwill and this infection. You can google Morwill Search and you will find that on most forums a program called Vundo Fix is used.

I think it would be wise for you to post a HijackThis log for an expert to review, but before doing this can you be more specific on this internet error that you are getting. Please give the exact error in as much detail as possible,

David

#3 mullo

mullo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:41 PM

Hey,
When I am on the internet for a few minutes, or perhaps less, Morwill Search site pops up in new window. It can be closed by clicking the X at the top and doesnt try to come back.
How do I do a Hijack This log?
Mullo

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:44 PM

Hey Alex

My previous post was it relation to the internet error that you were talking about:

Sometimes after that, an internet explorer error message pops up and internet explorer closes.

I recommend you follow the HijackThis preparation guide which can be found here. It is important that you follow the guide closely. A number of scans will be run which may well fix your problem.

As the guide says, after you have completed the scans that are recommended, please post your "HijackThis" log in a new topic in the forum found here. Please add your system infomation and also what problems you are having. Please be patient, and a HJT team member will help you to clean up your system

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users