Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tim_ver

tim_ver

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

I am looking to run Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit on the following Hardware and wanted to make sure it will work fine. I was looking to add 8gb more ram.

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel ATX Mob
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
4GB Ram (2 x 2GB)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,083 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

I am looking to run Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit on the following Hardware and wanted to make sure it will work fine. I was looking to add 8gb more ram.

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel ATX Mob
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
4GB Ram (2 x 2GB)

Hi Tim,

The server itself isn't to demanding it will run just fine with those specs, what really matters is what the server will do, Database server, Web Server, etc..., also having fast HDD's or a SSD will make it run faster.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

I would also check to be sure there are drivers for all the hardware for that Operating System. Edit: I did a check and they do not provide drivers.
GA-EP45-UD3R Drivers

Gigabyte only provides Server Operating System drivers for Server 2003 so get the maximum performance for that Motehrboard you will have to search for them. They will have to be dug up, one by one.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 31 August 2012 - 10:33 AM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users